Since Facebook acquired Oculus back in 2014, the virtual reality landscape is truly taking off with a new major company joining the fray seemingly every month. With yesterday’s not-too-surprising find that Amazon is jumping into VR it seems that an overwhelming majority of tech giants are poised to help define…Read more...
Devices that have slashed the cost of virtual reality, and transformed its performance, have implications for scientists as well as gamers. Researchers who are experimenting with the head-mounted displays say that they have the potential to find widespread use as a research tool. Virtual reality (VR), which lets users experience…Read more...
Google’s lightweight VR headsets start selling outside of the U.S. Like Facebook and Samsung, Google is taking a big bet on virtual reality. The company established a virtual reality division within the company, and it has seen early progress of its virtual reality viewer for Android phones, Cardboard. On Thursday, the Mountain…Read more...
When we think of the technical performance of these glasses, we have to mention at first that their development is at the moment subject to what people can do Oculus, a subsidiary of the people of Facebook is working with these technologies in related to augmented reality in a while…Read more...
- Making computer animation more agile, acrobatic — and realistic
- Smartphone app performs better than traditional exam in cardiac assessment
- A Zika vaccine could virtually eliminate prenatal infections, model shows
- New math bridges holography and twistor theory
- Interactive virtual reality enhances physicians’ treatment planning of complex conditions
- Ag robot speeds data collection, analyses of crops as they grow
- Virtual predator is ‘self-aware’, behaves like living counterpart
- Teaching quantum physics to a computer
- AI computer vision breakthrough IDs poachers in less than half a second
- New ‘4-D goggles’ allow wearers to be ‘touched’ by approaching objects
- Smartly containing the cloud increases computing efficiency, says first-of-its-kind study
- Worm ‘uploaded’ to computer and taught amazing tricks
- The virtual brain: Patient data allow researchers to study brain function using detailed
- Augmented reality helps surgeons to ‘see through’ tissue and reconnect blood vessels
- Augmented reality system lets doctors see under patients’ skin without the scalpel