Since Facebook acquired Oculus back in 2014, the virtual reality landscape is truly taking off with a new major company joining the fray seemingly every month. With yesterday’s not-too-surprising find that Amazon is jumping into VR it seems that an overwhelming majority of tech giants are poised to help define…Read more...
Devices that have slashed the cost of virtual reality, and transformed its performance, have implications for scientists as well as gamers. Researchers who are experimenting with the head-mounted displays say that they have the potential to find widespread use as a research tool. Virtual reality (VR), which lets users experience…Read more...
Google’s lightweight VR headsets start selling outside of the U.S. Like Facebook and Samsung, Google is taking a big bet on virtual reality. The company established a virtual reality division within the company, and it has seen early progress of its virtual reality viewer for Android phones, Cardboard. On Thursday, the Mountain…Read more...
When we think of the technical performance of these glasses, we have to mention at first that their development is at the moment subject to what people can do Oculus, a subsidiary of the people of Facebook is working with these technologies in related to augmented reality in a while…Read more...
- Virtual reality headsets significantly reduce children’s fear of needles
- Scientists use a photonic quantum simulator to make virtual movies of molecules vibrating
- Activity simulator could eventually teach robots tasks like making coffee or setting the table
- Walk this way: Novel method enables infinite walking in VR
- Hey Alexa: Amazon’s virtual assistant becomes a personal assistant to software developers
- Soft machines: Fast, low-voltage actuator for soft and wearable robotics
- Your body is transparentized in a virtual environment
- Virtual avatar-to-avatar interviews may improve eyewitness testimony
- Would video games be better if you could play as yourself? Well, not exactly
- Virtual reality technology opens new doors of (spatial) perception
- Could robots be counselors? Early research shows positive user experience
- Should ethics or human intuition drive the moral judgments of driverless cars?
- Move over Tupac! Life-size holograms set to revolutionize videoconferencing
- Making computer animation more agile, acrobatic — and realistic
- Smartphone app performs better than traditional exam in cardiac assessment